Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today I was on the hunt for a red skirt for my daughter who needs it to wear to a red themed party tonight. I love red. I have lots of red bits and pieces in my house. I love red lipstick and I quite like red toe nails, but when it comes to wearing red, forget it! So because the red skirt will be worn once and never ever again, off to the op-shop I went.
You will be happy to know that I found a red skirt(it's length needs reducing by half!) but more interestingly I also found...




I really like this frame but the old print is lovely too.



Apparently terrariums are fashionable again? I'm going to plant this one with succulents and cacti. My own desert landscape. I'll show you what it looks like on Monday.



 My favourite treasure of the day. Little old plastic tulip egg-cups. Two of them have bakelite stems. Perfect for Easter. And the lady in Vinnies was so nice to me even though I clumsily broke the china bell which customers ring for service. The same bell that has been sitting on the counter for years!!! 

Another pretty softly faded sheet. These are so nice to sleep on.

Yesterday I helped a (slightly) older friend of mine pack away some of her treasures because she is going to have her house painted. I like this little sign she has near her front door...


and her door knocker...


and her "bricks that let the breeze through"


Now I'd better get that hem done...

No comments:

Post a Comment